Asckey Data Services Ltd fully recognises the importance of quality in all aspects of its operation. Focusing on quality makes for a leaner, fitter organisation to better progress towards continual improvement of business performance. To fully embrace this philosophy, we have pursued and gained ISO 9001 certification in order to continually improve our business practices for the benefit of our clients.
Awarded in 2005, this certificate is kept current by external annual audits, and a tri-annual re-certification audit. ISO 9001:2000 is based on eight quality management principles, all fundamental to good business practice:
- Customer focus - organisations depend on their customers and therefore need to shape activities around the fulfilment of market need.
- Leadership is needed to provide unity of purpose and direction.
- Involvement of people creates an environment where people become fully involved in achieving the organisations objectives.
- Process approach to achieve organisational objectives, resources and activities need to be managed as processes, with an understanding of how the outputs of one process affects the inputs to another.
- Systematic approach to management: the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization depends on a systemised approach to work activities.
- Continual improvement - adopting this as a part of everyday culture is a key objective for an organisation.
- Fact based decision-making - effective decisions are based on the logical and intuitive analysis of data and factual information.
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships - such relationships will enhance the ability to create value.